BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They may plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
This qualification is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Domestic fee-for-service students over the age of 18, who are working or want to work in the Leadership or Management area or completed Certificate III qualification within Business training package or similar qualification.
Learners with experience in the relevant industry or education can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer. Please refer to ‘RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING AND CREDIT TRANSFER’ section or contact Trinity Institute of Business.
Qualification Package Entry Requirements
No Specific entry requirements are for this course according to qualification package.
Trinity Institute of Business Studies admission requirements
In addition to Qualification Package entry requirements, TIBS has the following admission requirements for all students:
- Applicant must be of the age 18 years or over at the time of the scheduled course commencement.
- Entry into this course requires successful completion of an Australian Year 12 qualification or equivalent.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test and Pre-Training Review before training commencement. ACSF level 3 is required in reading, writing, learning, oral communication, and numeracy. The student may be exempted from LLN test if student has already completed an Australian Qualification of Certificate IV or higher level prior to enrolment.
Required Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) level
ACSF level 3 is required in reading, writing, learning, numeracy and oral communication.
LICENSING / REGULATORY INFORMATION
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
PATHWAY FROM THE QUALIFICATION
Further training pathways from this qualification include, but are not limited to, higher education in same field, e.g., BSB60420 – Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Occupational titles may include:
- Frontline Sales Manager
- Team Leader
- Production Supervisor
- Leading Hand
- Distribution Centre Supervisor
- Warehouse Team Leader
- Sales Team Manager
- Line Manager
- Coordinator (Business Operations)
Please refer to the following source for Pathway and employment outcomes and Job Pathways Charts illustrating potential career pathways within that industry.
The program takes place in a classroom environment with access to a simulated environment where required.
The participants in each program group will be provided with detailed learning resources (along with online access) to support the learning and assessment activities. These resources will include learning, assessment and other reference material relevant to the unit of competency being delivered.
This course is offered over 12 months including holidays, given that no credit transfer or RPL is achieved. Students need to gain competency in 12 units (6 core units and 6 elective units) to successfully complete this course.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING AND CREDIT TRANSFER
The underlying principle of Nationally Recognised Training is that a learner does not have to repeat training and assessment that has already been undertaken.
Trinity Institute of Business Studies has a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer Policies and Procedures and can be found at Trinity Institute of Business Studies ’s website, which outlines in detail a process to be followed for granting recognition and credit transfer. This is supported through the RPL guidelines for this qualification which focus specifically on all units.
Learners are encouraged to apply for RPL prior to or immediately after formal enrolment but prior to the facilitated delivery of units to ensure that they do not miss any training opportunities offered should they be unsuccessful in the RPL process.
Credit Transfer relates to the recognition of learning achieved through formal education and training, and involves assessing a previously completed course or units to see if it provides equivalent learning or competency outcomes to those required within the current course of study. Learners must provide transcripts of results and/or statements of attainment for credit transfer to be assessed.
Where a learner is successful in the RPL or Credit Transfer (CT) application, the units to be undertaken and course duration will be adjusted accordingly.
Where RPL is granted, learners do not have to participate in further training and assessment for skills and knowledge that they already possess.
- Tuition Fee: AUD XXX
- Material Fee: AUD XXX
- Application/Registration Fee: AUD XXX (Non-refundable)
- RPL Fee: AUD XXX per unit
Note: Students will be provided the option of Easy Monthly Instalments. Students are advised contact the Institute in relation to the updated and recent fees for the course. Course fee is subject to change.
Terms and Conditions:
- Trinity Institute of Business Studies does not accept fee amount more than $1500 in advance as fee payment.
- Trinity Institute of Business Studies will strive to maintain highly competitive fair and reasonable fee structures.
- Trinity Institute of Business Studies adjusts its fees and charges from time to time. Changes to fees will be fairly and equitably applied, advertised and clearly indicate the date from which the change will take effect.
- Trinity Institute of Business Studies provides details of course fees in all course information.
- Trinity Institute of Business Studies will ensure these fees are applied and communicated to clients prior to enrolment.
- In accordance with the Standards for RTOs 2015, Trinity Institute of Business Studies adopts the following to protect fees paid in advance:
- Flexible payment arrangements/ options will accommodate individual circumstances. This can be in form of monthly instalments.
- Fees must be paid in full before certification will be issued.
- Acceptable payment options can be made via credit card, direct debit, and EFT remittance to accommodate the diverse financial situations of clients.
As per package rules, 12 units must be completed. These include 6 core units and 6 elective units.
BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
BSBOPS505 Manage organisational customer service
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
Please contact Trinity Institute of Business Studies for the intake dates.
Each unit is delivered and assessed as a standalone unit. Assessment comprises written assignments, activities and projects. Students are required to attend training and assessment activities as scheduled.
Assessment is structured throughout the course. If students are unable to achieve competency, additional support is provided through mentoring and access to re-assessment as outlined in our policies and procedures. Assessment requires achievement across all tasks to demonstrate competence and may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Project / Project Portfolio
- Case studies
RESOURCES / MATERIALS
This program takes place in a classroom environment with access to a simulated environment where required. Practical learning and assessment take place in a simulated environment. The simulated facilities are equipped with all the required equipment.
Students will be provided with access to the following resources, including online portal access, required to complete the qualification successfully upon enrolment:
- Units’ Notes
- Student Workbooks and Resources
- PowerPoint Slides and Handouts
- Computers with Office Suite and appropriate software
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a nationally recognised BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment for partial completion of the BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management.