CPP41419 – Certificate IV in Real Estate Practice
This qualification is part of the Property Services Training Package. It provides training for those working within the real estate industry. It covers the skills needed to support the functional areas within either a real estate/property agency or a strata-managing agency. These generic skills will be applicable in property management/leasing, sales, and agency administration across the broad range of property sectors – residential, commercial, and industrial.
This qualification applies to people working in both residential and commercial property, including business broking and stock and station transactions.
Total units of competency
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in: 18 units of competency: 5 Core units and 13 Elective units.
Click here to download the course structure.
Staff who hold this qualification are commonly engaged with:
- Analysing data, industry intelligence and leads to identify prospects.
- Developing, building and maintaining relationships with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers.
- Providing advice to lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers on the sale, purchase or lease of commercial, residential, stock and station, and property real estate.
- Implementing systems, forms and documents to ensure real estate agency transactions are compliant with regulatory requirements; managing risk to agency and agent, and demonstrating high standards of ethical practice.
- Ttransacting, accessing, and preserving the integrity of trust accounts to minimise customer and agency risk.
- Establishing, maintaining, executing and concluding contracts with lessors, tenants, vendors and buyers, including by auction.
- Building and promoting the agency and individual brands.
Occupational titles may include:
- Stock and Station Agent
- Business Broker, Business Agent, Franchise Broker
- Property Manager, Body Corporate Manager
- Real Estate Agent
- Real Estate Representative, Real Estate Salesperson, Real Estate Sub-agent, Property Portfolio Officer, Buyer’s Agent.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
This course holds National Accreditation under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
The further study pathways available to students who undertake this course include:
• CPP51119 – Diploma of Property (Agency Management)
• CPP50511 – Diploma of Property Services (Asset and Facility Management)
Student can have reassessments of NYC (Not Yet Competent) at no charge.
This course includes written projects/assignments, as well as observation of practical tasks. Group tasks or assignments may occur as a type of assessment.